Followers

Monday, August 31, 2015

PORK AND EGG GOJI SOUP

This is a kind of soup that I usually prepare whenever I wanted a vegetable soup. It is easy to prepare yet aromatic and tasty. Moreover, it is nutritious soup with meat, eggs and leafy greens.
The fragrance of the soup comes from the fried ginger slices and spring onions.

Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 86 with modifications
Ingredients
[serves 3]
200 gm Goji leaves - washed and drain in a colander
100 gm pork belly or lean meat – sliced
700-750 ml water
A few slices ginger
1 stalk spring onions – cut 1 inch length
1 egg – lightly beaten
1 tbsp goji seeds [kei chee] - rinsed
½ tsp of salt and msg or chicken stock granules
Pepper to taste
  1. Marinate pork slices with ¼ tsp each of salt and sesame oil. Add in 1 tbsp cornstarch. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
  2. Heat a little oil in a soup pot [I used claypot], sauté meat slices until slightly browned, add in ginger and spring onions. Fry until aromatic. 
  3. Add in water, bring to boil for 20 minutes or until meat is tender.  Add in seasoning to taste.
  4. Before serving, add in goji leaves to cook. Pour in beaten egg in a circular pattern, do not stir until after 10 seconds. Lastly add in goji seeds.
  5. Serve immediately.
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #26 [August 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours

7 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, this soup can be eaten as a main meal for those (like me) who want to cut down on rice. It's very satisfying as it can be quite filling too.

Chloe said...

Hi kimmy. I like all in one dish especially if it is soupy. This seems so healthy and definitely will try it especially with goji Berry
By the way what is gpji berry leaves in Chinese? Oh I tried your chicken drumlet with mushrooms
tasted delish with white rice! Thanks. Chloe.

Chloe said...

Hi kimmy. I like this type of all in one dish especially when it is soupy. What is gpji berry leaves?? Does it have a Chinese name?. ,by the way I tried your chicken drumlet with mushrooms . tasted delish with white rice. Thanks
Chloe

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I was told that glass noodles is good, low carbo noodles for dieting. You can try adding a little to this soup for a complete meal.

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, Goji Berry leaves is called Kao Kee Chye in Hokkien. The stems are thorny and leaves are quite crispy. These leaves are said to be good for eye care.

Chloe said...

Hi kimmy. Thanks. I got you now. I like this veg too. Will certainly do this and maybe use spinach if I can't get kao kee. Very healthy indeed.Chloe

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
This is the kinda of simple soup that I like! With simple ingredients but tons of flavours!